No great explanation and in no particular order, all well reviewed elsewhere:
- Low Miffs and Malcolm Ross
- The Wild Beasts – Two Dancers
- Annie – Don’t Stop
- Fuck Buttons – Tarot Sport
- Yeah Yeah Yeah’s – Its Blitz
Actually very difficult to choose this year, some tough choices in my wee head.
Two honorable mentions:
- The Wildhearts – Chutzpah! – such remarkable consistency, such a remarkable band
- MSP – Journal for Plague Lovers – I was bizarrely excited about this and it didn’t disappoint. Not as staggering as THB, but pretty great nonetheless.